Tequila Works is looking for a passionate and talented Concept Artist with great team works abilities. The successful candidate will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. He or she will be collaborating directly with the Art Director, Art Leads and Designers to set the look and feel for our game.
We are based in Madrid and have the option of working at the studio and/or remotely.
- Concept, iterate, and produce visual assets for all stages of character and environment development, from pre-viz sketches and detailed renderings to polished final image materials. They can also include vehicles, weapons, props, storyboarding, branding and much more.
- Develop great looking concepts with artistic sensibilities that balance game design, narrative, and technical boundaries.
- Partner with Production and Art Leadership and contribute to high-level execution plans to provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources.
- Take direction and engage in constructive brainstorming with the team.
- Mentor and help fellow artists to grow artistically and professionally.
- Stay up-to-date in current trends in visual communication.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years relevant game studio or freelance experience.
- Ability to create well thought out designs with the right style that translates well into 3D models.
- Mastery of Photoshop or any other 2D painting software.
- Excellent eye for anatomy, clothing, materials, architecture, natural landscapes, hard surface and technology, color, lighting, composition, and overall design skills.
- High level in English.
- Good understanding of game engine requirements, especially on lighting.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to leverage 3D applications like Maya, ZBrush or Blender would be a plus.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com including Concept Artist and your name in the subject. Please don’t forget to attach your CV and any other material that may impress us.